Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello, Darlin' . . .

Today we took Harry to the airport around 8 and then we went to Wal-Mart to get a few things. While there we looked in the phone book for a chiropractor, hoping someone could look at Don's ankle and, hopefully, fix it for the rest of our visit. We found a chiropractor and we went there and he worked Don over really good. He showed me how to wrap it and prescribed RICE; that's rest, ice, compression, and elevation. He's supposed to do those things for 10 minutes 4-6 times a day. So, we're working on it. He can walk and the swelling is going down, so that's all good. Sometimes he turns it a certain way that causes him to see stars, though. So, I think we won't be hiking for a few days. That's okay, because any hiking we do now will be excess, anyway. We've hiked plenty. Tomorrow we plan to just lay on the beach and then Sunday we move from this condo to the next one, so that'll be another beach day, too.

After lunch we went on our whale watching tour. That was a big treat and we had a great watch. I took only 1/2 a Bonine to prevent the motion sickness, as well as wore my patch that I wear when I fly. I did just fine and it didn't make me sleepy at all. What a relief! Don did fine on the whale watch, too. We were able to move around on the boat and it was very interesting. We were 'mugged' by a whale, they told us. That meant that a whale came into our territory and we had to turn off the motor and just sit there until he moved. Actually, there were 4 whales. They told us it was called a competition pod; that is where several males are competing to mate with a female. They were all around us. Hawaii law says you can't come within 100 yards of a humpback whale, but if they come to you you have to cease maneuvering the boat and simply wait until they move. That was too cool, to have them all around us! That's when I got the shot of this one poking his head up to scope out the circumstances. They call this a 'spy hop,' when they just raise their head and take a look. It's the best picture I got today.

These whales weigh 40 tons! What a giant and we were right there beside him and at least 3 others. God has so impressed me and took my breath again!

No comments:

Post a Comment