Friday, February 12, 2010

Road to the Sea Beach


The picture tonight is one Davy took of me when I felt compelled to go to the other side of the beach. I was looking for a shortcut. I thought there might be a passage through at the end of the red looking cliffs. I went over there and there was no passage, so I had to walk all the way back. It's like Las Vegas: it looks like it's right over there, but it's forever over there! It was a beautiful beach, and a wonderful walk. I'm glad they waited for me to return! You can tell how far it is by how small I look!

This was the day that we went to the Road to the Sea Beach. This wasn't it! This was a much bigger beach a mile farther and we had to walk most of the way of that mile. It was 6 miles on a 4 wheel drive ONLY road to the Road to the Sea Beach. It took us 45 minutes to drive it in the Jeep! Then we drove about a fourth of the way to the second beach (pictured) and had to park the Jeep because it was too rough for even the Jeep. Then we walked the rest of the way carrying our sandwiches and drinks to picnic at this last beautiful black with green sand mixed beach. It was absolutely gorgeous, but no wonder nobody else was there. It took too much time to get there. I don't recommend it because it takes so much time. I don't regret that we did it, though. This was the day we went to the green sand beach, too. It was a BIG day! I'm so grateful that Davy and Susan came and did it with us. Most people would have turned back, but Susan and Davy took an attitude of "We won't know until we do it," and "We've come this far." I love that winning spirit!

Don and I took a while out this afternoon and went to watch whales. What fun! We saw a mother and calf and the calf breached so much we lost count; probably 20 times. The mother breached twice for us. They were pretty close in, too, so it was a great viewing. I forgot the camera, so I wasn't struggling with the camera. I can never beat that shot Davy got, so I can relax, I think.

I thank God so much for this relaxing time. It's great to have some easy time with Bob and Mimi, too. They are wonderful hosts and friends. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment