Friday, February 5, 2010

Crashed; only a nap!


Tonight's picture is to see how quick you are. It looks like I fell off a mountain climb and landed on the rocks; there is even a red rock under my head, so I could be bleeding. Nope. This is my nap after Davy and Susan and I climbed to the top of the other side of Waipio Valley while Don hiked around the bottom. We were all exhausted. We ate lunch and then took a nap on the beach. Don and Susan laid on towels on the beach. I laid on the warm rocks and felt the mist of the waves and went right to sleep. Davy first went out into the water and let it cool him, then he came up and took this picture and one of Susan and Don and then he laid down on a towel for a nap, too. We thought this picture was too funny; I was totally crashed, but I was hanging onto my stick! I had my knee bands on my belly; heaven forbid that I get a stripe on my leg with no tan. If I had known he was going to take a picture I would have covered up my spare tire. Facts are facts. I was so pleased to have made it up and back!

Today we went to hike the rim of Waipio Valley, but the gate to enter was locked with numerous locks and there were no trespassing signs that made us resist. The signs said the trail was closed due to damage from the earthquake in 2006. We hated to miss that hike, but we went back to Waimea and climbed up Knob Hill. Whew! We came home for lunch and Davy and Susan went to hike down into Pololu Valley. Don and I were beat, so we stayed home to mow. The blade came off the mower, so we're stuck until we can figure out how to fix it. Don and I couldn't figure it out, so we hope Davy can when he gets home. So, we're cleaning up and calling it a day. I cleaned all the weeds out of the garden and watered. I'm so ready for a shower and an easy night of leftovers.

God is so great to give us bodies that heal and revive with rest. I can't believe we can do this hiking at our age. I am so grateful! I am grateful that people care about us. Breast cancer is not stopping us; we refuse! (I have no symptoms of any issues from the breast cancer. The lymphedema is not a big issue; I just have a fat arm,as you see in the picture [right one]. The curly hair is interesting, still. I'm ALIVE and well, so I'm only grateful and encourage others to not let breast cancer get in their way. Trust in God and enjoy every moment of life, giving Him the glory.)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Pamela; you would have to go through boot camp training to keep up with you and Don. It is so fun to follow your journey. How much longer will you be in Hawaii?

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Nah, we keep up the pace with whoever is with us. We've had our work cut out for us keeping up with Davy and Susan! We'll be here until next Sunday and then we go to Maui for 2 weeks. It's been a grand trip!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete