Thursday, February 25, 2010

Don's ankle is stronger.


This is ONE big banyan tree that covers nearly a whole block in Lahaina! No picture I take can do it justice, but here's my attempt. We left from the port where I took this picture for our whale tour last week. It's pretty touristy and busy in this area, so we avoid it. :)

Don was able to walk with me to the other (south) end of the beach today! His ankle is doing pretty good, we think. We keep icing it and wrapping it and he rests it and elevates it as much as possible. It was so nice to have him walk with me today. We walked for a solid hour, so it's was a long way. The beach is absolutely awesome!

We're going to south Maui tomorrow and attempt to climb a hill near a gorgeous beach down there. Maybe I'll get some good pictures. I know we'll be awe struck by God's handiwork and I'll do my best to pass it on to you with pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    I just read your post about the bed! That is one of my pet peeves too--why don't they use fitted bottom sheets? I always put that on my reviews and some of them (Bluegreen) have started using fitted sheets--they must have been listening to me! You almost have to make the bed every morning with flat bottom sheets--they just won't stay tucked. Your rooms looks good though. Glad you are having such a good time. Try to stay longer--there is still lots of snow!!!!!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I'm so glad that someone sees it like I do. I've been to resorts that use fitted sheets and they don't fit the mattresses, so they're a constant struggle, too. These flat sheets would work if they didn't tuck everything else in, too. Also, it blows me away that they don't even tuck in the bottom of the bottom sheet and then they tuck everything else in 3 feet, so you can't pull the covers up to your chin. Yes, I write it on all my reviews, too. I've thought of offering to train their housekeeping staff, but they mostly don't speak English and I mostly don't speak anything else!

    We aren't looking forward to the weather at home at all, but we are looking forward to seeing everyone there. We've been gone a long time! I'm glad to have missed most of the winter, and certainly the horrible parts. It'll be so good to collect some grandkid hugs, though!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete