Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thank you, God, for the chiropractor!


Made it to the top of Knob Hill, again. Whew! It's a big climb. Davy and Susan took off to go straight up while we traversed around to the top. I kept thinking I'd take their picture when they beat us to the top, but I never saw them! We got to the top first. I couldn't believe it. I knew it was harder to go straight up, but I figured they'd do it and beat us up there. Davy had a 'blow out,' though; the heal strap on his sandal broke, so they had a handicap. Plus, Don and I had sticks. Sticks help a LOT! It was invigorating to do, and I appreciate them letting us beat them!

Today we went to Hapuna Beach. The beach was loaded! The tide was out and the water was mild, so lots of people were in the water and lots on the beach. There was still room for us, though.

We never got the mower to work, so Don will do it when Bob gets home and fixes it. I think Bob will know what to do to make it work. Don can do it while Bob is going through his mail. He got the part we see from the lanai done, but the front still needs to be done.

Davy and Susan leave tomorrow and Bob and Mimi get home on Tuesday. We leave next Sunday for Maui. What a trip this has been. We are so grateful to have had this opportunity and to have had the health to do it. (I pulled something wrong in my back yesterday as we were headed to the car to climb Knob Hill. It hasn't gotten better and I met a chiropractor at the farmers' market in Hawi today, so I have an appointment to get an adjustment tomorrow. Yippee!)

2 comments:

  1. Save a little energy for when you get back home. If it ever stops snowing and warms up here--and dries out--we'll be wanting to be birding in your neck of the woods again. It's great to see you all are having such a great time. I expect us all to have at least as much next year. S&M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! The birding sounds GREAT! We'll be ready! We'll have this much fun the next time we come back with you two, too! Things are really changing. They have PAVED the road back to the cemetery on our favorite hike and REPAIRED all the huge gullies in the road on back to the back! It's still rough down to the point, but we're AMAZED at the improvements. There were lots of people out there today, too. That's kind of sad to me. Also, there were 4 wheelers down on the part right on the bluff. I guess it's 'progress?' Anyway, I'm glad we all saw it when it was 'pure.'

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete