Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sunrise to sunset.

The picture tonight is one of the sunset I took last night. That island you see is Lanai, not too far from Maui. So, yesterday we went from sunrise to sunset; a beautiful day! God is so glorious and does nothing skimpy!

We got up early this morning and drove the road to Hana. It is VERY curvy and hilly, so I took a couple of Bonine to be sure I didn't get motion sick. That was a mistake. I didn't get sick; I missed pretty much the whole thing. Those pills knocked me flat. I slept most of the way and when I wasn't asleep I was wishing I was. Don's ankle is too sore to do any hiking, so we just rode around the island. We came back through the upcountry, which was really cool. I'm glad I could stay awake for most of that ride. The whole ride today reminded me more of the Big Island than anything else we've seen in Maui. It was really wonderful; I only wish I could have stayed awake for all of it!

Harry leaves in the morning, so we'll get up early to get him to the airport. I think after that we may take it kind of easy for a day or two, but it's hard to hold Don down to easy. We'll see. We've seen most of the island in the time we've been here, but there are hikes we would like to do if we could. We'll see how his ankle does. If it hurts him, we'll enjoy the beaches and whales. The whales are really profuse here!

Our dear friend David had been in the hospital with another bout with pneumonia, but he got to go home yesterday, so that is really good news for us. God is so good. Other than zonked, sleepy, I'm feeling great. After a good night's sleep tonight, I'll be back in great shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment