Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A delicious dinner at the Bamboo!


The Bamboo is a wonderful restaurant in Hawi.  Steve and Mary took us there to eat Saturday night.  It was a wonderful celebration of a fun week with them. I got a note from Mary saying they're home, safely.  We miss them, but we're glad they had a good trip home.

Today Lee and I went and watched whales for four hours.  They were awesome!  We saw more breaches than I could count and lots of fin and tail slapping.  I just love watching the whales at this time of year!  I thank God for the opportunity to get to come and see them and for the opportunity to share this time with great friends and family.

Last night I wrote  to MD Anderson to see if I could get an appointment with them when we get home.  The lymph nodes on my neck that we've been watching have multiplied (from 3 to 7) and I've had a tender spot on my temple (about the size of a baseball) for a month, now.  If anything is still there after 3 weeks I'm supposed to have it checked out.  So, I have appointments at MD Anderson on the 25th and 26th of February.  We get home the 22nd, so we'll be making a quick trip to Houston.  I'm sure everything will be okay, but we'll all feel better if they check all this out and tell me that it looks funny but it's not cancer.  I've looked funny all my life, so I can look funny really well.  I appreciate MD Anderson for responding quickly and working with me to get these appointments set.  If it is cancer, I can deal with that, too; I just need to know what hand I've been dealt so I can play it the best way I know how.  Thanks for your prayers, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment