Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My all time friend, Judy, joined us at MDA today!

 Okay, so here is the news, some not so good, but not so bad, either. The lumps on my neck proved to be malignant from the biopsies done yesterday. That means I now have stage 4 breast cancer. My doctor is treating a lady who is 93 and looks great after having started treating her when she was 64 or 65 with stage 4 breast cancer. So, I could live a long time with this. It's just a matter of finding out the best treatment. There is no cure, but it can be treated. Of course they have lots of tricks in their bag. The first thing we have to do is test everything to see to what extent it has spread so they'll know best how to treat it. I've already done chest X-rays today and more blood work. Tomorrow I will do an MRI of the brain and a bone scan. Thursday I will do a pet scan. With all the results from these tests the doctor will make a plan of attack and we will shift into fighting this cancer mode. I'm 64; I've had a wonderful life and I don't need to be greedy. I will do the best I can do to stay alive and be healthy and productive, but death is not the end of the world even if that's what I'm facing. We are all facing it; most of us just don't know when. I still don't know when, I just have a better idea of what I'm facing. So, that's the report that I can give you all at this point. I appreciate your support and prayers and love you for caring. Lee is doing fantastic and I'm blessed to have him for great support. I completely trust God's plan, so whatever is dealt to me I will play out the best I can.

10 comments:

  1. All of you who read facebook will recognize this as one of the posts I made today. There is really no more news and I'm tired of telling the story, so please pardon me for copying and pasting. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad that Judy could be there with you today MJ. Your wonderful attitude will help you win this battle. You have more friends and loved ones then any person I know. We are all there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey MJ....you can copy and paste anytime you wishe....ditto to what Dana said ... call me anytime you want to talk or cry or vent or laugh...I love the pic of you and Judy and I know she was such an additional blessing for you to have her there with you - BIG GROUP HUG to you from David and I and all of your other friends !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy and Dana, thanks so much. Yes, it was wonderful to have Judy there. She was there when I was first diagnosed. She and I have been friends since before I wore or needed a bra. It's wonderful to have her be with me through tough stuff and she always has been. You guys have, too, in every way that you could. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you Jo, and Lee and your girls. Isn't it wonderful that we love our Lord who will lift us up through all problems. So glad you are an MD Anderson patient so you will get the best care anywhere! You will be fine and cancer free again one day! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryjo- The Rossi's send prayers and healing energy your way. Your faith will sustain you. Please know so many are thinking of you and wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Jo, I have not had you out of my mind since you wrote all of us the above news....I will be there in spirit as you undergo more tests tomorrow. Geez girl, this has caught all of us off guard but you handle it so much better than we do. I am so glad that you have continued to live your life so large ...even after losing Don....you realize that life is to be lived every moment and you do it. So happy that you have Lee by your side to hug you and love you and live life with you. Love you ! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, Diane and Linda, thanks so much for your loving comments and support. I'm kind of in a daze, but I'm okay. Lee is being such a brick and such a huge support. He lost his wife to complications of breast cancer, so I sure hate to make him get so close to all this, again. He's handling it well, though. I'm eager to see what the doc will suggest we do next week. I need to know my directions! I'll be fine, though, one way or another. God wants us to give thanks in all things, so I'm ready to be thankful and give Him praise. I'm so grateful that He is in charge. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay MJ....I will trust that God is in charge and that you are trusting as well and so happy that Lee is such a huge support.... Keep us posted, as I know you will and I will do my part and keep praying for the best outcome !
    love and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the love and hugs, but I don't know who this is. Thanks for the prayers, too! I couldn't ask for better support! I just wish I knew who wrote this. :)

    ReplyDelete