Friday, February 15, 2013

Bob is home!

This is a picture I got of Sissy when we stopped one night to get Hulu pie.  We had stayed too long at Kiholo Bay and she and I had to nearly run back to get to the car to get it out before they locked us in for the night!  Steve and Mary, and of course Lee, were with us.  Sissy and I had walked to the end of the hike and the others had turned back earlier.  We called them and they reminded us that the gates closed at 6.  I'm telling you we hustled!  This trip has been so much fun, but the best part to me was spending 2 weeks with my little sister.  It felt like we've been together for always; we really are a lot alike.  She is like our Aunt Mary come back to life; she looks so much like her.  She brought to mind our Daddy so much.  I know he would have loved seeing us together and the fun that we had.  I thank Lee for giving us the space to have a lot of time together and I thank God for the opportunity.  Bless Lee's heart, I think he was glad to have Sissy to entertain me and give him a rest sometimes!  However, I asked him what has been his favorite part of this trip and he surprised me by saying one of his favorites was hiking down into Pololu!  That's when he fell 3 times, but he thought it was worth it!

Sissy is really kind of shy and she hates to have her picture made.  I kept telling her to just give me the Cory look; she looks just like her beautiful granddaughter, so she'd open up her eyes wide and give me that beautiful smile.  I love it!  Sissy, thanks so much for letting me have these great memories and even the great pictures to remind me!

We picked up Bob at the airport this morning and he was more tired than I've ever seen him.  He even let Lee drive home.  I fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and then he crashed for the afternoon. Lee and I sat in front of the TV and crashed with the dog, too.  I guess we were all worn out.  It's a wonderful place to be, but I love it when Bob comes home and everything is in good shape.  I worry the whole time he's gone that one of the animals will get sick or worse.  What a relief when he gets home!  Bob's wife, Mimi, will stay in Taiwan for a couple more months, so he'll be batching it after we leave.  Even after a 3 hour nap, I'm ready to go to bed for the night.  Hope you rest well if you're seeing this tonight; if it's in the morning, I hope you had a good night's rest.

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to a neighborhood friend today and mentioned you coming to MDA. She has had breast cancer and was interested to hear your story. When I mentioned you coming to check your lymphnodes, she said that had been a problem for her too. After much testing she was told they were swollen because she had too much vitamin D in her system! That got my attention because I know you take alot of it. That may not be the same problem for you but it was a relief for her to not have cancer again and was easily remedied. I'm sorry you have reason to come back to MDA but glad we have the opportunity to have you and Lee here for a visit. Keeping you in prayer. Love, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Doris for the information and for your prayers. That could very likely be my issue with the lymph nodes because I do take a lot of Vitamin D, plus I get all the sunshine I can. Very interesting! Look forward to seeing you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete