Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Whew! A work day in Paradise.

So, it's mostly fun to house sit, here, but there are days when we have to work.  Daily we feed the dog and the cat.  Daily I give the cat an insulin shot twice.  We feed the cows a couple of times a week and spray them to keep the flies off them.  We pick up fruit and either juice it or throw it to the cows.  All that is pretty simple.  But, there are a few chores that have to be done weekly, just like at home;  mow the grass, dust vacuum and mop.  Today was that day.

I goofed up and let the dog out before Lee had put back his fence, so he made a game of running from us  He ran through every pile of dirt he could fine.  So when I caught him I had to give him a bath.  He's white, so he needed it, plus there was no way I was letting him in the clean house all dirty.  So it became bathe the dog day.  Now, I know another reason why I don't have a dog!  :)  He really was easy for a dog, but I'm much rather bathe a baby.

Our trip is winding down.  We're thinking more in terms of going home, now.  Another one of Bob's friends called today to ask if we could stay and house sit for them, but obviously we've got plans and can't stay.  It was an honor to be asked, though!  Even on cleaning day, Hawaii is sure a great place to be cleaning.  I thank God and Bob for the opportunity we've had to be here during whale season!  I thank God for the health we've had to get the job done.  I thank Him for seeing me through the next few challenges.  I think it's all a matter of ruling out bad things and then treating whatever is the issue.  The lymph nodes that are swollen you can see if you blow up this picture.  The are just under the skin about where my necklace is at my neck and above my collar bone.  This is a picture that Mary took last week when we made a run to the Hilo area; we usually eat at Ken's Pancake House, so here we were after a hard day of play!

No comments:

Post a Comment