Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kiholo Bay.



This is one of my favorite places on the island.  It's difficult to get to, so few people have seen it.  Also few people know about it.  Lee hiked with Sissy and I as far as the Bali house and Sissy and I left him there.  We went on to see this awesome sight.  Steve and Mary were off watching birds and didn't make it as far as we did, either.  If you make this picture bigger you can see 4 huge turtles sunning on the sand of the island.  That's Sissy on the right.  The guy in the picture is taking a picture of the turtles.  Soon I'll post a picture of Lee in front of the Bali House.  They close the gate to this beach at 6 and Sissy and I barely made it back to the car in time.  Steve and Mary and Lee were back at the car, ready to drive it out and Sissy and I would have walked out if we didn't get there in time.  Precious memories!  I thank God that we made it back, and for the ability to hustle in the deep sand.

Today we went to the Farmers' Market in Hawi and I got a couple of pounds of dried bananas to take home.  I love those!  We also went birding and whale watching.  We saw good whales, but I'm glad we've got nearly 2 more weeks to watch whales!

Tonight we are going to the Bamboo Restaurant for supper, Steve and Mary's treat, so I'm doing the blog early so I won't be so late doing it when we get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment