Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Aging is Interesting.



This is a pic I got a couple of weeks ago.  I guess this top is one of my favorites because I have it on today, too.  Anyway, we look pretty much the same today.

This aging thing gets complicated.  We go from doctor's appointment to doctor's appointment.  Lee talked to one of his daughters today and she wants to come and visit!  We love that, but I had to grab the calendar and see if we can work her in between appointments!

We leave Friday for MD Anderson in Houston.  I pray that we'll learn that this treatment I'm on now is working.  That will be great news!  Today I saw my chiropractor, who is wonderful to keep me in motion and is also great to minimize my pain from issues with my back.  Then we saw Lee's cardiologist, who scheduled him for 3 appointments in OKC next week when we get home from MDA!  They're following up on the 'event' he had at church a couple of weeks ago and just want to make sure that there is not a problem with his heart.  So, we'll scurry back from Houston and dash on to OKC.  I guess as long as we can keep going, it's a good thing.  I just don't remember my grandparents having these issues.  They had a few problems, but I think they must have protected me from knowing all that was happening in their lives. Naturally, I'm very aware of what's happening to Lee and I.  

I am grateful, though.  I feel really good and I give a lot of the credit for that to my chiropractor.  He does a great job to relieve me when I get all tight and can't seem to move.  I'm also grateful for the docs at MD Anderson who are working with me and the doctors here to beat this cancer.  I'm really grateful for the docs who keep Lee's issues under control.  We are blessed to be able to go to the docs on our own.  I do remember that my grandparents didn't drive and my parents had to go and take them to their doctors' appointments.  I'm glad that we can still function on our own.  We are so blessed.

When I was a little kid if someone got cancer, they usually died from it.  I've lived 8 years since my first diagnosis and hope to live many more.  I'm a part of a support group online with people who are living with breast cancer metastases and there are many 'long termers' on there:  folks who have lived 10 to even 30 years with breast cancer mets!  I'm so grateful that they will share their experiences and help to pave the way for folks like me.  I'd like to live to be a 'long termer' if it's God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment