Thursday, June 5, 2014

Great Fishing!


Got these pix off facebook today of Garrett and Elena with their catches from their recent fishing adventure. Elena's is a 3 pounder, and it looks like Garrett's is even bigger.  These kids love fishing.  Love Elena's smile! She loved everything she does.

Lee and I spent the afternoon pulling up all the larkspur in the back flower bed.  I wanted to pull them up because they are almost done blooming and by the time we get home from Houston they'll be all brown and ugly.  I'm so glad to get that behind me.  My hands are plenty sore, now.  I figured by the time we get home I'll be too far into this cycle of chemo to be able to stand or pull flowers.  Anyway, we got it done.

We're all packed and ready to go.  We'll leave early in the morning after breakfast.  I'm looking forward to the trip with Lee.  By the time we get there, I'll be tired, but it's fun to make these trips.  I'm so ready to see Doris, Jerry and their kids if we can, too.  We're blessed to have a 'home' in Houston.  Those trips to MDA have all the potential to be very good or very bad; it's just wonderful to have caring folks to greet us and care with us instead of just the 4 walls of a motel!  I'm expecting this trip to have good news for us.  I also get to see my friend since 7th grade, Judy.  Often when we go she meets  us at MDA; I think they think she's my sister.  Sometimes she's in Japan when we're there, so we miss her sometimes, but this time we'll connect for sure.  I'm thanking God for the chance to see so many folks we love on this trip.  (Judy went with me the very first time I went to MDA and she was there the day I had my surgery; she's been there for many other appointments.  I love the little reunions with her, even if it's over treatments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment