Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hairy Day; ER, Again.




Okay.  Today I called the oncologist and waited all day to hear from him as he was out of town.  Finally at 3:30 his office called to tell us to come in and be there in an hour.  I could barely move.  I knew it would take me 20 minutes to get ready to go.  Lee and I grabbed what we thought we'd need if they kept me over night. and literally flew to Lawton.  He turned on the flashers and drove 90- 95 to get us there.  We made it by 4:38.  As soon as the doc saw me he rushed me right over to the ER.  My heart was racing for some reason.  THAT was the reason I couldn't breath and was so weak.  He said it was like I'd been running sprints all day.

Trish (pictured above LAST August) was in Lawton in the last of a graduate class she's been taking.  She made her presentation first and then was excused from class so she could come be with us in the doc's office and the ER.  As Lee says, "She's sharp; she knows enough to ask good question and process the answers. At 9:30 we all got to leave.  We stopped by Walgreen's to get 2 scripts filled.  We're home, now and I'm breathing and getting around much better.  Tomorrow we'll address the swelling in my abdomen.  Sheesh; what a day.  God certainly took good care of us all, though.  I had no idea my heart was racing; I was too out of it to realize my heart was racing.  Nobody knows why that happens, but, they got it stopped and got my blood pressure up (it was 88/50) so I could come home and get a good night's sleep.  Ah.  I'm so ready for that.

I've done so much thinking and praying.  I thank God for the avenue of prayer.  I thank Him for wonderful friends who went out and spent the evening in prayer and love with Dorothy, who was worried sick about me.  I thank Him for all of you who care.  I'm really doing okay.  This morning I could not have written this blog.  I was too tired!  I did a few posts this morning on FB, but nothing of any length.

Trish kept Gretta up to date all day.  Gretta is on day 2 with no hair.  She's hanging tough and doing great. Tomorrow I hope I can eat.  Today, it was like putting one more thing into my purse; no way it's too full! Same way with my tummy; no way to eat or drink when it's so swollen and full.  They think it's more gas trapped than liquid and that's good.  I'll keep you posted.  Love to all; thanks so much for caring and for prayer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with all this. Keeping you in prayer.Is this happening with you off the meds? Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Doris. I'm off the meds, but they never decreased the dosage like they said they would. My body has just simply gotten totally out of control. You can catch up on the blog; I've resumed it tonight! Love you!

    ReplyDelete