Sunday, June 22, 2014

Home!


I am so pleased that I got this and many other great pix at the reunion.  There were many pix I wish I'd gotten, but I don't need to be a pig about it!  This is me in the middle.  On the right of meas you look at the pic is my sister, Ruthie, and then my daughter, Gretta.  On the left of me as you look at the pic is our first cousin, Suzanne, and on the far left is Ruthie's daughter, Deanna..

Suzanne is one year older than me and we were close our whole lives.  All our kids call her Aunt Suzy because she's more like a sister than a cousin.  She and I spent every summer together.  My mother and her daddy were two of 5 siblings.  Suzanne and I would go from aunt's houses to grandparents'' houses enjoying vacation Bible schools all summer.  I grew up wearing her hand me downs and I was so thrilled to have them!  She and her brother keep the reunions happening every year. I wouldn't take a million dollars for this pic!  (If someone out there wants a copy, I'd sell a copy!  Ha!)  This reunion was tough to go to because I've felt so lousy, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

We made it home about 5 tonight.  I took a bath and went straight to bed.  I just woke up a few minutes ago to do this blog.  Tomorrow I'm calling the doc to see what he wants me to do about this swelling and bloating.  I'm sick of it!  I thank God for our safe trip home and for such a wonderful reunion!  I suggest you look around and count your blessings; I really can't count that high, but God knows how I praise Him for blessing me so richly!

(You might notice Gretta's pic line in her left arm: that's where she gets her chemo.  Her hair started falling out on Friday before the reunion on Saturday.  Bless her heart, she was back at work today praying that her ponytail wouldn't fall off her head.  She's dear and losing her hair is not a fun option, nor does she have any choice!  She's taking it like a CHAMP and I am so proud of her.  Cancer is so rude to pick on a young vibrant mother, but God has us in His hands!)

No comments:

Post a Comment