Saturday, June 14, 2014

I Live in a No Snit Zone.

This is a pic of me when I finished chemo the first time in 2007 and we were meeting Trish and Gretta and their families in Branson.  I'm just comparing the last chemo to this one.  This one I'm having trouble with my feet and hands.  Actually, I had peripheral neuropathy in my feet in 2007 and my toenails became infected just because I was on the chemo.  My two big toenails have never grown back right since I lost them over that.  I didn't have any hair (ANY hair, anywhere!).  This time I still have hair so far.  I have issues with my feet, but I can handle it.  I'm in an online support group where many of the women on Xeloda have adjusted their dosage to 7 days on and 7 days off.  I really think I could handle that because it's after the 7 days that it starts to get complicated with these side effects.  I'm going to ask my doctor about considering that schedule.

The girls insisted that I not get into a snit over anything when we all got together.   They were right.  I needed to not have any stress if at all possible.  I tend to be OCD and get into a snit if a picture is hanging crooked. Once I fix it, I'm okay, but they insisted that I should concentrate on having a No Snit Zone rule while we were all there.  Our two littlest grandbabies were just crawlers at that time, so they were concerned that they would get to me, not to mention the other 6 siblings who would be there. I had been pretty much quarantined from people and especially kids while I did chemo because it brought my immune system down so much.  I was so eager to spend time with them all and I sure didn't want to get into any snits.   Mostly I'm blessed to have learned to concentrate on living in a No Snit Zone.  I relapse at times, but I do much better.

To answer your questions (Several have written to ask me if my feet are better today.), my feet are not better, yet.  It took 10 days to get them to this point, so maybe it will take them 10 days to correct. Lee was able to let the buckle out 3 notches on my shoes to wear to church tomorrow, so I can make it.  (My fingers wouldn't do it.)  I thank God that I had the previous experience with chemo.  I can compare that to this time and I still think this is a better side trip on my journey with cancer. Be sure not to be mislead; tonight's pic is from December of 2007; it is NOT current.  I gave myself a haircut today and they all seem to be in tact.  :) I sent all my hats to Gretta, so I hope I don't lose mine!  If I do, she'll have to share with me.  I did it before, I can do it, again, if it happens.  I really didn't mind being bald except I got so cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment