Friday, June 6, 2014

Precious Times From Tough Times.

Today Gretta posted the most precious post on FB.  She had a pic of she and Garrett and I that was taken the day after Don's death when the family was gathered at Davy and Susan's home.  It was one of the hardest time of our lives, but we survived it.  We will survive cancer, too; it'll be a picnic compared to life without Don.  God puts the people we need in our lives when we need them.  He was with us for years and we have the strength that he gave us, still.  There are others in our lives who can help us to muster up the strength we need.  Lee is that person for me.  Garrett may be that person or at least one of those people for Gretta.  God works in mysterious ways and I totally trust Him.  He didn't promise it would be easy; He did promise He'd be there with us always.  That's enough.  In fact He gives us abundance; look at all of you who are supporting us with love and prayers.

I'd like so much to share that pic with you and I have it on my computer and have found it, but I can't get it to post.  I must be frazzled.  (No doubt.)  There will be no pic tonight, but I hope to be able to figure out how to post one tomorrow night.

We made it fine to Houston.  Thank God for that.  It's a wonder every time these country bumpkins make it through that Dallas traffic.  I think we'll go home some other way; it may take us two hours longer, but it won't be so stressful!  Love you all!  Thank you so much for your tremendous support.

I finally got the pic to load!  It's at the bottom instead of the top, but I don't dare attempt to move it. This was a tough, tough, day but we survived and we'll survive this cancer, too!  Those smiles were not because we were happy, but they were because we were recalling our precious memories of our husband, Dad, and Poppy; with those memories and all the great support we had we could muster up some smiles.  We'll muster the strength to get through these tough cancer days, too.




2 comments:

  1. Do you really go through Dallas instead of Ft. Worth? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we really have done that, but I think we'll never do Dallas, again, after yesterday. It was really rugged. The last time we went home through Ft. Worth and it was pretty traumatic, too, so we did Dallas yesterday. Lee said never again though!. We're so like fish out of water in all the high traffic areas! Love you, Dana!

      Delete