Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Brave Turtles.


This is a pic I got of the dead tree branches right below the tree where the herons' nests are.  Herons eat turtles, so I'd say these turtles are pretty brave!  Look at the bottom limb in the picture; on the far left end there is a turtle and on the far right end is another one.  In the center of that limb another limb goes up toward the right corner of the pic; about 1/4 of the way up is another turtle.  I took these pix around 5 p.m.  If I'd been out there at 11 a.m. or noon there would probably be a dozen turtles on these branches.  Well, I don't know if there are that many turtles that close to the nest, but about 20 yards from this tree there are branches like this where there are dozens of turtles.  It's interesting to me because we had that bad kind of disease that killed so many fish in the lake last year, but I guess enough were left to restock it somewhat.  They said the turtles fed on the dead fish; no wonder we have so many turtles.  I'm just glad the lake seems to be able to support the herons!  God's plan is amazing!

We are winding up our plans for out trip to Houston.  We were toying with the idea of going from there to my family reunion in Tennessee.  We decided against lumping those two trips together.  We're just going to Houston and then coming home for a week.  Then we'll go to the reunion.  On our way we'll go to see Lee's Aunt Leona in Pulaski and then we'll go to the reunion from there.  After the reunion we'll stop by Gretta's for a couple of days if the timing is good for her and then we'll come on home.  We'll stop and see Gina in Indiana if the timing is good for her.  We just have to hang loose because we don't know how well Gretta is going to do with her chemo and I never know how mine is going to effect me, either.  Gretta begins hers this coming Sunday.  She will do chemo for 3 weeks and then have a week off.  Her chemo will be given by infusion, I believe.  Again, God's plan is amazing.  She's no push over and neither am I; we'll tough this chemo out and still be standing when the cancer takes an exit (or in my case at least takes a back seat). They say that mine can't be cured; it can only be treated.  That's okay with me, but I know God could heal it if it was his plan to do so.  Gretta's chances of total recovery and curing her body of cancer is very good.  We're like white on rice after this cancer thing!  She will be cured and I will wear mine out with treatments.

I missed my nap today, so I'm headed to bed right now, as soon as I brush my teeth; bath is done! I am really sleepy!  Lee's watching a good TV show, but I'm done with this day, so I'm going to leave it with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment