Friday, June 13, 2014

The Gross Pix.



These are ugly pix, but ugly is just how it is today.  The bottom pic is how my legs looked last October.  The top one is how they looked on May 29th (2 weeks ago) when I was concerned about swelling and burning of the hand and foot syndrome.  The middle pic is how they look right now.  Those squatty little toes can't hang onto a flip flop to keep from walking out of it.  At least I can stand the warm water of a bath.  I can walk, but I only have a couple of pairs of crocs that my feet will fit.  I DO have both legs and feet!  I can walk!  I thank God for that.  And, the Xeloda is holding the cancer at bay.

This morning when I got up my hands were all swollen, too.  I could hardly bend my fingers to hold anything, but most of their swelling went down during the day with activity.  I didn't do much at all today.  I am totally fatigued and I think that's from the chemo, too.  It sure isn't for any work I did today because I didn't accomplish anything today except talk to the doctor's nurse.

This is only day 10 of my 14 day cycle, but they told me to stop taking the Xeloda and give my body a chance to recover from it.  I'm ready to reduce it somehow.  It feels like my feet are about to explode.  I don't guess they'll do that, but I would hate for them to start seeping fluid!  So, I'm thanking God for the flexibility to cut back on the Xeloda when the side effects are too ugly, too.

So it is in the life of a Breast Cancer Metastasis SURVIVOR.  Survivor is the key word.  Poor Lee is fixing his own meals and doing all the shopping so I won't have to walk.  Besides all the extra chores he takes over from me he's loving and gentle with me.  What a Godsend and I thank God so much for him.

2 comments:

  1. OUCH!!! Jo, so sorry about the swelling and pain. Please stay off your feet as much as possible. Lee will take care of everything...he can do it! Hang in there--we need you to stay ahead of those mean cells! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you're so sweet! Believe me, I'm staying off them as much as possible. Lee is sure a dear and very capable. He's a wonderful nurse. I'm doing my best to beat these mean cells! Thanks for the encouragement. I though you guys were cruising this month; no? Love you!

    ReplyDelete