Thursday, June 12, 2014

Report on Lee''s Tests.

This is Lee's son, Jim, and his wife, Kathy.  They bought our dinner last night and I ate the potato I brought home with me for dinner tonight!  We loved getting to visit with them and Barb last night.

Now, the tests.  They found another blockage in Lee's heart, so they have him scheduled for another angiogram on July 7th.  I am so glad that they have found this before it causes him more problems, but I'll admit I'm not eager to go with my husband to have an angiogram and stints put in.  I just don't have a good history of such a thing.  I must trust God and know that He knows what is best and will see to it that His plan is worked.  The doc assured us that this will not require open heart surgery.  He also said it's not anything we have to hurry to do.  July 7 is 3 weeks.  He did say that if he has any more spells like he had in church a few weeks ago to call him.  Believe me, we will!

Just when I thought my feet were better (they were yesterday), they are blown up like footballs today!  I can walk, but I don't have many shoes that my feet will fit!  I'll take a pic of them and post it soon.  I'm going to call the local oncologist tomorrow and see if I should continue with the chemo or stop it early, again.  I have 5 more days to go in this cycle.  If they keep swelling at this rate, something is going to burst.  My legs are swollen up to my knees, too.  Thankfully, this is the only side effect I'm having.  My hands hurt, but aren't as swollen as my feet, and they aren't peeling bad.  I sure wish I had met that lady in Houston whose leg was missing from the knee down.  I think of her every day and she gives me courage!  God is good to give us hope and courage and I am grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment