Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What a Wonderful bur Tiring Day!



Trish is taking a couple of graduate courses this month in Lawton this month.  They are online, but she has to be there for a few classes, so she came here to go from here in the morning.  It's sure wonderful to see her! For the last 22 years she's always had 1 or more kids with her, but it's just her this time, so we have an undiluted visit.  I miss the kids, but it's wonderful for her to be the kid!

We got home in time to see most of the Spurs beating the Heat, so that was fun, too.  We got up at 6 this morning to drive an hour and a half into Houston for the appointment with the oncologist.  Thankfully, going back to Doris' house only took 30 minutes because the traffic was much lighter!  We were flying high anyway because we had such good news from the Oncologist.  Our drive from Houston was another 8 hours, so we're so ready for bed!

The Oncologist gave me copies of the results of all my tests and they are all wonderful.  They all bottom line with something like, "Improvement in the metastatic disease compared to 04/07/14."  "Stable metastatic disease," is another common comment.  My cancer marker was down to 90 from 198 in March.  It had been 52 in January, so I'm so glad to have it going in the right direction, again!  This Xeloda is working, but it's sure wrecking havoc with my feet.  Riding in the truck all day probably didn't help much.  I'm going to give them as much of a break as I can for the next week as I finish this cycle.

God gave us good news and a safe trip.  I give Him honor and praise and all the glory.  Then a bonus visit from Trish.  It's so fun to have here here!

No comments:

Post a Comment