Friday, March 2, 2007

Thursday March 1 Update


Whew! I’m ready for that nap! Is this a precious picture of Elena and Dad napping or what? I love it and can hardly wait to see them.

We have made it to the mainland. We had a WONDERFUL visit with Trish and family and then headed east. We stopped to get a sandwich for Don to eat on the way and by the time we got out it was too dusky for either of us to see and drive smart. We were so sleepy and tired and then had blurred vision from wearing motion sickness patches. It would have been stupid to drive. So, we got a motel room on the edge of town so we can head straight out at 6 or so in the morning.

I sat down to do the blog and realized I didn’t have the camera box! I have the camera in my pocket, but the connections to the computer are in the box I just got when I traded the camera yesterday on our way to the airport. After I searched all the bags, not remembering where I’d put it, we finally remembered that we stuck it up with the carry on bags on the plane. DIDN’T bring it off the plane with us! UGH! So, I’ve searched to find how to notify lost and found, etc. So, you wont’ have my pictures for a while, unless Dana can walk me through how else to get them online. I know I can fill up the card and go have a cd made. That’ll work, but it’s time consuming. Maybe I can find a cord that will work to buy, but I doubt it. I can still report and send pictures from Gretta’s house if she takes them with her cell phone like the one above.

What a fiasco this trip has been. It’s been safe, but frustrating. I left the cell phone in Bob’s car, so we don’t have a cell phone. Ugh. He’s mailed it to Gretta’s already, though, so I’ll have that soon. That’ll make me feel better because all my numbers are in there. I don’t even know how to call anyone if I find a pay phone! I hate to be so hooked and dependent on that phone, but I sure appreciate it.

For tonight I’m taking a bath and going to bed! Tomorrow I can think more clearly, I hope. Those patches will wear off. I pray we don’t have bad weather for driving. Terri, pray for those travel mercies, again!

Love you all! Thank goodness God is looking after us. If He weren’t watching out for me I’d probably get lost from Don!!!

6 comments:

  1. MaryJ0,
    See "card reader" comment on last blog entry. You can buy them at most stores. Very cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry after all the greatness of HI trip things are a little "rough" now, but they will smooth out and be fine I promise! We are still wondering where you are, but remembering our Mom's words: bad news travels fast and no news is good news" Nannie Kate keeps trying to but in and interfere with that thought!! Ha!
    Love you, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you and Don are holding the litle angel right now! I loved the nap pic! Hope you were on the road behind the stormy weather. XO, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, thanks for the card reader hint. I've got it handled for now. Whew; man, that card reader thing threw me into more unfamiliar territory, but if I hadn't thought of the old camera I'd have waded right into that new territory. Thanks for keeping me nudged! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Ruthie, it's hard to fight all the genetics, huh! I'm finally rested and doing pretty well. It's just challenging to be hanging so loose; adjusting to new time, new lifestyles, etc. It's good for me, though. Makes home sound better and better. Can't wait to see YOU and yours! Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness; Linda, you would go ape over this baby angel! She is soooo precious! Yes, we are holding her lots. I got to feed her awhile ago because Gretta had a couple of girls come to get their hair cut. I love it!

    We had wonderful weather for driving. God is so good to us! See you soon! Jo

    ReplyDelete