Sunday, March 27, 2011

Escape!


This is a picture I took a couple of years ago at Hapuna Beach on the Big Island. I'm dreaming today and in my dreams I'm there. Ah . . . wouldn't that be nice.

I read a one liner on a calender yesterday that says, the trouble with leisure time is keeping other people from using it. Our friends here don't understand why we like to travel so much, but that's it. When we travel we get to decide what we do with our time. When we are here, other folks are so eager to fill up our time with what THEY want us to do. Like someone just called wanting me to donate money to the college where I graduated. Because I have a phone number that is listed they feel free to call in the middle of my Sunday afternoon and tell me all about what's going on at the school and what they'd do with my money if I gave it. If I cared what was going on at the school I'd go visit. If I had money to give them I'd call and tell them I have it to give and ask where would they like me to send it. When I'm gone that doesn't happen. I owe MD Anderson an arm and a leg, so it would be totally out of order for me to give money to anything else. I have a granddaughter who has Turner Syndrome, so the first extra money I have is going to the Magic Foundation. I'm really not cordial to people who want to spend my money.

I'm not doing so good with my attitude adjustment. I haven't slammed any doors today, though. I didn't even slam down the phone when that girl called. I didn't throw anything when I disconnected from the chat with the Carbonite idiot, either.

I spent 45 minutes on chat this morning with a Carbonite idiot. If I ever get my laptop restored, I'll give them credit then. However, we got 16% restored and then it quit responding. The person on chat couldn't get the picture for 45 minutes when I disconnected and restarted the computer, which meant I had to restart the whole restoration process. So, I don't know if it's a good thing or not, at this point. I had high hopes until I ran into the guy this morning. He spoke English! I think he was napping or something or maybe he was smoking something. I don't know what his problem was, but he was dangling me and running me between these two computers like my hip didn't hurt. I will let you know as we progress if I can fully recommend Carbonite or not. I'm hanging by a thread with a knot on the end.

We had a visiting song leader at church this morning, and his leadership blessed me! I thank God for wonderful people in our church family, too. People do care and they want to be kind and helpful. It's good to know some people like that!

2 comments:

  1. The Carbonite thing sounds terrible, hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rubix, thanks for your comment. I think Carbonite is really a good thing. They just have that one employee that is costing them a lot of good PR at this point. If they really do, indeed, restore all my files when this restoration is done, I will be singing their praises. They need to get rid of that one guy, though, or put him somewhere that doesn't require him to deal with the customers! I know I answered this once, but my information doesn't show it. Ugh . . . this limping on the computer is really not pleasant, but at least I'm somewhat alive online!

    ReplyDelete