Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monticello, DONE!


This is one happy little old lady! When I started this puzzle it was pretty much a delight because it worked so well. Then as I got cluster's together, I found that they fit several places! How frustrating! I finally gave up on getting all that yellow and brown and green right and did the sky. The same thing happened! I found several places that would take several different pieces; they fit perfectly with one piece, but then the nearby pieces weren't right! Finally, I got the sky done and I was down to NINE pieces that just wouldn't work in the bottom part. There were 3 or 4 pieces on the bottom border that could be interchanged and work, but then the other pieces wouldn't work! I finally took apart the whole bottom border and about 4 pieces up; mixed them all up and put them back in place. Then it worked, but a piece was missing! I did everything but turn this unit upside down. I was down on the floor feeling with my hands when I FOUND the piece. It was right there on the rug (looks like a leopard) and turned upside down, so it blended right in with the rug. Whew! I was sure glad to get this one finished. I thought several times that this just wasn't going to work and it might be the first puzzle I ever threw into the trash. I'll carefully put it away and tape up the box to hand it over to another puzzler. I was so excited I posted this post as soon as I typed the title. Sorry if anyone went looking and found nothing for a post!

I'm so grateful to be able to get up and down to hunt the puzzle pieces! A friend wrote needing a house sitter in Hawaii, tonight, and I thank God that we could consider it. We haven't ruled it completely out; if we can get home in time for our family reunion we just might do it, but it looks tight. I doubt if we will. I really like to spend the WINTER in Hawaii, not the spring. However any season in Hawaii is wonderful! Spring is wonderful at home, though! But, I feel like we should help friends when they need us. It's kind of like loving lovable people; I don't think we get credit for that. We get credit for loving folks who are hard to love; we're expected to love the ones who are easy to love. Like that; how much help is it to sit for a friend when WE want to do it? When he needs us, we ought to go if we can at all. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Pardon all my errors tonight. I think I finally got it corrected. It's been a frustrating day, but ended with the glee of finishing this puzzle. Then I blew this post all to pieces; I think I've got it all corrected. Thanks for hanging tough with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is kind of like a complicated puzzle. There are some pieces that don't seem to fit. We sometime misplace or lose a vital piece of the puzzle. Some pieces don't go where they look like they should.
    There are so many things about the puzzle of life that we do not understand because the puzzle is not yet completed, but someday we can look back on it all and see how each piece fit to finally complete the puzzle we call life. As the old hymn says "We'll understand it better by and by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HB, that is so true. It may be why I really like puzzles. When I keep working on them, they do finally take shape. I feel a sense of accomplishment. I do know that it reminds me that all is certainly not how it seems. It is so easy to jump to judgments, when we should be patient. That's what I get from puzzling, I think. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete