Sunday, November 13, 2011

Another broken heart.

No, the heart rock didn't break. This picture is one Garrett took of me last week when we went to the heart rock, a favorite of our family. It represents lots of great memories to us.

I got word today that the husband of one of Don's classmate's passed away on 11-11-11. I know how broken she is and it's so difficult. I'm going to have to grow up to this tough reality of life. I thought childbirth was a tough reality, but it was a piece of cake bringing a child into the world, as opposed to giving up someone who is leaving this world. RIP, John Swinney, wonderful husband to Gretchen Braun.

Also, one of Dorothy's long time friend's passed away this morning. RIP Mel Jackson. I knew Mel, but only through Dorothy and Mel's cousin June Lyde, who was my best friend in Hobart until she died a few years ago. This has been a tough day for Dorothy and I, but we survived it.

We both forgot that it was the fellowship dinner at church today, but I ran home between Sunday School and church and grabbed a meatloaf and a cake that were in the freezer and took them for dinner. I felt like we needed the fellowship today if we ever did! I'm glad we stayed; it was good for us. I thank God for good friends who can pull us through the hard times. I believe He sends them!

That heart rock is solid through all of Oklahoma's winds and all our heart aches. The love of God is that solid, too, and more! He tells us to love and He IS LOVE. This heart rock says a lot to me and it's a treasure to me every time we go to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment