Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Safe!

This picture was taken about 6 blocks from our house, looking to the north. That's too close for comfort. I didn't see this; I was in the basement! Someone took it and put it on Facebook and I captured it there. This is why I love the basement! I thank God for a safe place to go when the weather it like it was yesterday! I thank Him that the house was still here when we came up from the basement, too! For a while we literally wondered if it would be there because it was so loud. Normally, we can't hear a thing when we're in the basement; I really wondered if the house had blown off the foundation and we were hearing the rain and wind. It turned out that it was so loud because it was hailing. I wonder if there was roof damage; I never thought to look at that today! I thank God that Dorothy came to share the night with me, too. She made it fun and we decided to have slumber parties even if there is no storm!

Tonight I spoke at the ladies' salad supper and it went well, I think. My voice broke and I teared up some, but I never broke into sobs. The ladies were kind and loving and they seemed to appreciate the studies I shared with them. My purpose has become very interesting to me, and I find in the Bible that it is to do good things that bring praise to God. I also shared that we are to let our light shine and it shines so much better when we all are together shining. I illustrated that by turning out all the lights and lighting a candle and then lighting each of their candles until we had a good light in the room. I hope points were made that will stick with them. Certainly I got the most from the study I did in preparing for the devotion. I also emphasized the beatitudes where we are promised that those who mourn will be comforted and blessed. I thank God for his blessings and for having a purpose for me!

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is, WOW, and glad I wasn't there! You may want to have your insurance adjuster check your roof as you may not see damage but they do. We had damage during our last hail storm and I know it wasn't as bad as yours...we didn't see it but they did. So, so glad you and Dorothy survived the wind, rain, and hail. God is so good.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Donna. I sure don't need a leaky roof! I'm glad I didn't see this until this picture. It was scary enough in the basement, hearing the hail and wondering if the house was up there, still, or not! I have full replacement insurance, but it would be a trauma to experience and I'd have a hard time with trauma, I think. God IS so good, though! He knows what I can take and He knows what is best!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...

    www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete