Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's a lonely smile.

Don used to take pictures for me and he always made me laugh. I have to pretend, now, when I set the timer and nobody is taking a picture, let alone making me laugh. It's a whole new world. I wrote down something someone said that I keep: "Quit mourning over something you can't change; step into something new." I imagine it was Joel Osteen and I have a lot of respect for him. So far, I'm into something new, but it's not anything I'm liking so much. I pray each day that I will adjust and do better. I know that God left me here to do something positive and make a good difference, so that's my goal. I think I'm mostly striking out, but I'm training and intend to get better and better at this.

Trish and Rob and some of their kids are coming here for Thanksgiving. So, that gave me the incentive to go grocery shopping today. The turkey is in the fridge, thawing and I'll cook it Sunday. I'll slice it and put it in the freezer, so that part will be done when they get here. I'll make the dressing on Wednesday and pies. The rest will fall into place. I chopped up all the celery and onions today, so that's ready to put into the dressing. I made a big dish of quiche, so we'll have breakfast for one day ready. (I'll put it in the freezer, too.) It seems like I did a lot more today, but it doesn't take much to tire me. Anyway, I was busy and I'm tired and have a smile on my face. It's nice to look forward to people coming. I thank God for wonderful people in my life and the ability to cook for them. I am richly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. It takes a while to step into something new honey. One day at a time Sweet Jesus... love you, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that sounds like you. Whoever it is, I know you're so right. I guess I need to be praying for patience, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo. I stumbled upon your blog after reading my Mom's blog. You have a beautiful smile even though it is a lonely smile. I was sorry to read about your recent losses. There IS a reason that you will go on and only God knows what that reason is. My heart goes out to you Jo. I have no idea how people get through losing a loved one, but you will get through it, even if it is one day at a time. God bless you beautiful lady. Hang in there. By the way, my Mom is from Watonga Oklahoma. Do you know where that is?
    God bless,
    Ginger Balkcom
    Acton, CA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger, how nice that you write such encouraging words! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and to even post. Yes, Watonga, Oklahoma is within a couple of hours of here. I would like to read your mom's blog. Can you direct me there? Thanks, again, and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete