Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Trish and I did this puzzle today after dinner. It was tricky holding it up for the picture without it falling all to pieces! We've started another, already.

After dinner Trish and I took Grace and Raynie to Exploration Station. It was a nice, warm day, so it was a fun thing to do. This has been a busy day, but a good time to be thankful for many, many blessings.

Life is tough. I've learned that we must not miss any opportunities. This last June when we came back from the family reunion we didn't stop to see a friend in Arkansas because we thought we were tired and we'd do it next year. Next year Don won't make that trip. I get sick when I think of things like that. I know why people say that people shouldn't make any major decisions after they lose a spouse; because the person left is not able to think clearly and perspective is all out of whack. I wonder if I'll ever get things straight. I have to trust God to get me straight; I don't mean to be lazy, but I just am not capable without His direction. Foolishly, when I was a kid I thought it would be so wonderful to be grown. It's always been hard to be grown in one way or another. Even after I was grown I thought it would be nice to be old and settled. The kids think I've been old a long time, but I've been pretty busy and had some tough stuff to go through even at this age. Now, it's worse than ever. The mistake was in thinking that it would be better later; I think we should always be content with whatever our circumstances and give thanks for the blessings in it. That's a great sermon; now I've got to work on living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment