Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh, Frank!


In the back: Don, Frank and Jo Ann; in the front is David and Dorothy. This picture was taken on May 7th, when we were all out at Jo Ann's and Frank's house to play cards. David passed away on September 1; Don passed away on September 15. Today Frank had a heart attack, but he is ALIVE! He was air evacuated to Lawton and they put 2 more stints into his heart where the last stint was 100% blocked. Dorothy and I drove there today because we just had to go. We couldn't do anything for them, but we had to see them. It was difficult, though. It was like going through it all, again, with Don. But, Frank was very alert and doing so well. He was laughing and talking. I believe he will be okay. This is the 2nd time he's had to be air evacuated to Lawton with a heart attack! I guess he's pretty good at it because he looks great and they think he'll be able to go home in 3 or 4 days. They want to monitor him and see how much damage was done to his heart. I thank God for his life!

It was so hard to drive to Lawton and home. Don always did that drive. I didn't expect to think of that as I made the drive today, but it was so in my face! I think of all the times I slept and I could have been awake and talking to him. Don't waste time like that with your loved ones! Anyone can have a heart attack and die; be sure you tell everyone you love that you love them and hug them! When they're gone, you'll wish you could have another hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment