Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oklahoma winds!


Garrett and I were up on the top of Mount Scott and the wind was blowing 40-50 mph. I had to hold my shirt down! It's always windy up there. The first time I went up there I was still wearing glasses and I had to hold them to keep them from blowing off my head! It's a beautiful view, though and it was great to build a memory with Garrett. He and I have great fun; he's a blessing to me and I thank God for him!

Today I was able to get the weeds sprayed. I hope it gets a good kill and it takes care of them for me until spring. The wind got to blowing after I started so I may have killed more than I intended to kill. We'll see. At this point, I really don't care as long as the weeds go!

I also got the fax machine to work today. I got 35 pages sent to Don's stock broker, so I can get all my paperwork done with them much quicker than going through snail mail. That was a relief! Thanks to Robert for letting me send a test fax to him yesterday. It feels good to have accomplished two things, today.

Wow; two months ago today is the day Don had his heart attack and stroke. I still can't believe it. People say it gets better, but I guess not this soon. A lot of water has gone under the bridge in the last two months, though. I'm still stunned. I thank God that He cares for me. The kids keep a pretty close eye on me and Trish has taken me on like I'm one of her kids. Many people check on me and I know they care. I'm richly blessed and I thank you for caring and reading.

2 comments:

  1. It's not worth much to you at this point but it does get better, at least a little bit. I've got 4 months on you and if I look back I see things are better. I still sob some, cry lots but nothing like before. I am so glad you have lots of people around you and looking out for you. Hang in there. Love ya Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy, I missed answering this, but I did see it. You are such an inspiration to me. I am so eager to have some better days. There is so much for which to give thanks that I'm ashamed to find myself in tears so much. I need to somehow get a grip. Love you and so thankful for you in my life. I always wanted a baby sister and you were sure worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete