Friday, November 25, 2011

RIP, Jerry McCannon


When all else fails, candle out your ears. That was our philosophy today. This is Trish and Raynie standing by to support my ear candling.

I got up this morning and checked my Facebook, where I learned that another of our good friends had a heart attack and died last night! And I thought I was having a tough Thanksgiving. It's amazing that God makes our hearts so strong to take so much breaking! Jerry was only 62. He was another of our card playing friends, and a friend from church. I know I have a picture of him somewhere at the card table, but I don't have the energy to hunt for it. Jerry's service will be Tuesday. I'm so not liking this aging process; the perks are terrible for those of us who are left.

I thank God for family to hang tough with me. The kids have been such a blessing! Trish is a brick to stand by me and hug me when I crumble. She even fixed the bobbin loader on my sewing machine today! What a magic lady she is!

I pray that your Thanksgiving has been a happy one. Thank you for caring to keep up with me. Please, please, please don't miss an opportunity to be with the folks you love while you can!

Don't think for a minute that it's been all bad. Many friends have called to check on me today. I am richly blessed and I know it, but it's hard to climb up out of the hole I fall into every now and then. Thanks for all you folks who give me a hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment