Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On a good day . . .


On a good day, I can smile like in this picture. This was on Sunday after all the folks were here for lunch. I felt good.

Today I went to talk to the Education Department about subbing. I got an application and numbers to call about my teaching certificate. I got all that done and have typed the letter to ask for my teaching certificate from 40 years ago when I taught. Good grief, that makes me sound old! And, I'm thinking of teaching, now??? I might be crazy. We'll see how complicated it gets. It kind of made my heart beat when I started the process, though. I wonder if I could get excited about teaching, again. I seriously doubt it, but my heart did go pitter-patter for a minute.

Then I talked to the tax people and got all upset. I really believe they tax us just to keep us under their thumbs. The money isn't going to get us out of debt and they just keep spending money we don't have, so robbing us isn't going to make things better. Don't let me get started. Anyway, the tax guy I was talking to was a bozo and didn't know what he was talking about. He got me off the phone, though. I called back later, hoping to get someone else and they gave me the same guy! He admitted he didn't know the answers to my questions so he said he'd talk to his supervisor and call me tomorrow. So, I sobbed. I was just so frustrated. It's really bad when I know more than the tax guy! Don always handled the taxes.

Then I called AT&T and talked to their robot for a while and waited on hold for even longer. After about 2 hours on the phone, mostly waiting, I gave up and went to their web site where the robot says it's easy. Sure. I got onto a chat with a guy there who wanted to make it a great day for me; he admitted he couldn't help me because he has limited access. So, I used my last bit of energy to tell them that I lived 50 years before I had Internet access and I can live the rest of my life without it, too. I was attempting to pay my bill with my credit card and they told me the wrong name was on the card. DUH. It's the same card we've paid our bill with for years and I think I know my own name after 63 years with it. It was nothing to make me sad, but it doesn't take much to bring me to sobs. I had plenty today. If Don were here he'd be handling this stuff and if I was, at least I could whine to him and he would agree with me that they are idiots and scumbags. So, you have to read about it because I have to vent.

So, yes, there is life after breast cancer. Real life, with ups and downs. I'm in the downs right now, but God gives me ups, too. He gives me the strength to make it through the downs. I'm counting on that and I thank Him for it. I thank Him for you, who care; it means so much to me.

4 comments:

  1. Jo, you just vent all you want to on the blog, after all, it's your blog!!! Ha! Yes, they are all idiots after we wait for 15-30 minutes on hold just to listen to their garbled sentences! Really, is it my hearing or do they put marbles in their mouth when they pick up the phone?! Now I've started :)
    Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my rant, Linda. I can tell you've walked in my shoes for too long! I haven't ventured back to the phone today! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jo you bring back memories....I would pick certain days to take care of business because I would always get upset. On those days it was always best if I didn't see anyone I cared about in case I went off on them. Hang in there it DOES get better, I promise. Luv u

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thanks, Sissy. I wish I could figure out when it might hit. I just fall apart for what seems like no reason. Thanks for the encouraging words, though. It's surely got to get better. I've been listening to Joel Osteen all evening (about 4 hours), and Trish called. Between the two of them I've pulled out of today's funk, which was the worst ever. Ugh. I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete