Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Phony.


If this smile looks phony, it's because it is. I'm doing my best to put up a good front, and sometimes I laugh and smile sincerely. When I'm in front of the camera it's really one of the saddest times, because I so wish Don was driving the camera!

Today was so hard. Dorothy and I went to the celebration of our friend's life. We are way over quota on celebrating lives of folks we'd sure love to have here. We had lunch together and we've been on the phone sharing memories. Another sweet widow (lost her husband 5 years ago) waited in the parking lot to make sure Dorothy and I were okay. Isn't that sweet? People are so kind and loving and I thank God for them. I believe it is Him showing up in ways in which we can relate.

My precious sister sent me an email today, knowing that I was facing a tough day. I thank God for her, too. She has taught me all my life; how to do everything from make up and hair to how to better serve God and wait patiently for Him. I have shared this with Dorothy and Jo Ann, already; thank you from all of us, Ruthie! Sissy will see it here! Here is the quote she shared:

"In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes
to all, and it often comes with bitter
agony. Perfect relief is not possible,
except with time. You cannot now believe
that you will ever feel better. But this
is not true. You are sure to be happy a-
gain. Knowing this, truly believing it,
will make you less miserable now. I have
had enough experience to make this state-
ment.____________Abraham Lincoln


2 comments:

  1. If Ruthie reads the comments....Ruthie I've read it. I don't know if I believe in "perfect" relief but I do know there is a world of difference between how I felt this summer and how I feel now. I am glad I had 6 months start on the greiving before these next weeks. They are going to be hard ones. We would have been celebrating our 40th on Dec. 10th along with Krystal's birthday, then we have Brian's birthday, grandson's birthday and Christmas.
    Except for the fact that I don't want to rush my aging process I would love to just lay down and sleep for the next few months to make them go by faster to ease the pain faster. Time does help....just not fast enough. Jo we WILL survive a little at a time so we have to embrace the good minutes that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, drat! I posted and it didn't take! I think I said that you sure give me hope, Sissy, and thank you for that! You've got a bunch of occasions coming up and I don't envy you that! Please do come and go to Branson with me. It'll be a good escape for you and you and I can build some new memories to embrace! Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete