Wednesday, November 9, 2011

At the top of the 40 foot hole.


Garrett took this picture of me at the top of the 40 foot hole. That doesn't seem like much to some folks, but around here it's mostly flat land. Actually, the cliff is the odd thing; it drops off into a creek that is 40 feet below, though. It was very dry, so Garrett and I climbed around down in the bottom and were able to cross the creek. Then we climbed up to the top and took this picture. I could never have done it without TWO hiking sticks; what a huge help they are! Garrett and I both loved the hike and we hope to get to go, again, when he comes the next time. The wind was blowing at 40-50 mph, so it was a nice cool hike; I was glad for my jeans and jacket!

Today I got some details corrected. That's good. I love marking things off my list. I also sunned for an hour and 20 minutes. That's all I could take. It was 60 degrees, and that would have been great, but the wind made it pretty chilly, even though I had my rice buddies with me. I hope and hour and 20 minutes got enough Vit. D for me; it's all I could do.

Church tonight and then Survivor before bed. I've done my back and hip treatments, so I'm god for today. Ah . . . I thank God for a simple day with some successes and no real technical irritations. My email is working, again. ??? I can only give thanks; can't figure it out at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment