Monday, January 28, 2013

A day of hiking.

Yesterday was a day of hiking for Sissy and I.  This is a pic Sissy took of me after we climbed up from that beach you see behind me in the picture.  We had walked all around the edge of what you see and chased two turtles and a turkey on the way.   There is a beautiful white beach right below where I am standing.  The trail that we walked all around the edge of that water is what I call the Storybook Forest that used to be so beautiful.  About 3 years ago it burned, though, so it's kind of gloomy now.  The hike was great, though.  That big hill that you see in the very background of the picture is Kohala Mountain, which is where we are house sitting (nearly on the top).  Lee stayed home yesterday and rested his knee.  We mostly took today off, too, so we should be good to go tomorrow.  We went to church today and did laundry.  Then tonight we went to watch the sunset on the water and caught 3 whale breaches!  That was a great way to close out the day.

This would have been Don's 73rd birthday.  I think the breaches were for him; he loved them!  I thank God for precious memories of him.  I thank God for this trip and the wonderful time we're having with Sissy and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment