Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's official, now.

It's official, now:  Lee checked Sissy and I in at the "Nut House."  He is being so gracious with us.  We never had time to 'play' together; mostly we've mourned together.  We both lost our husbands in 2011, so we had plenty of mourning to do and were very supportive of each other.  This time in Hawaii has been SO much fun!  Lee has been wonderful to hang with us a bunch and let us run off on our own a lot, too.  He was still pretty stove up from his hike down into Pololu the other day, so he opted out of our jaunt to the beach today.  It was a good thing, too.  He rested his banged up knee and Sissy and I hiked and hiked all over three beaches.  We walked over 4 miles and climbed 27 flights of stairs, plus we got lots of sunshine!  We stopped on the way home and had a great whale show.  We know where to take Lee tomorrow night for the whale show; I hope they'll perform again!  Lee's knee is feeling better, so I'm sure happy about that.  We'll take tomorrow mostly off because we'll go to church; we may do some more whale watching, but we don't have plans for a big day.

Each day is a blessing, though.  Sissy and I are having a grand time and Lee is, too.  It was so funny.  The night we picked Sissy up at the airport, she and I took off at a pretty rapid clip and Lee just shook his head and said, "Great; now I have two of them to keep up with!"  He was joking, but we laughed and slowed down so we wouldn't run off and leave him.  I thank God for this wonderful time with Lee and with Sissy.  It was so wonderful when Tom and Linda were here, too.  What a blessing that Bob and Mimi allow us to have company, so we have the great opportunity and can share it, too!

Oh, by the way, the "Nut House" is where we get the macadamia nuts.  It's a wonderful place to go!  They have all kinds of macadamia nuts and samples of everything.  Lee loves their ice cream!  that black shirt with the white trim is my sort of jacket.  I wear it over whatever I have on because sometimes it's cool due to the wind or air conditioning.  People probably think it's all I have to wear.  I had on my Friday red crop top underneath it when this pic was taken.  It's one of my favorite things these days because I never know when I'm going to be freezing and that shirt is so handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment