Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Even sitting on a rock is fun at the beach!

I'm sorry to be so late posting, but today has been a long day and I've got all my pictures all mixed up on this computer.  I can't find what I want to post.  I don't have time to fool with this!  So, here's a pic I like of Lee when we were whale watching the other day.  This was a great spot and Tom got some great pics, but I don't have them on my computer, yet.  When I get them, no doubt I will lose them!    One day I'll get them all sorted and edited.

For now I'll report on the great day we had.  We went to South Point, which is the southern most point in the USA.  I got some good pics, but I can't find them with the blogger.  I can find them in my pics, until I get ready to post them.  How frustrating.  It was a great day with some sadness, though.  Every other time I've been to South Point there were dare devils jumping off and climbing back up a ladder.  Today there were two fire fighter rescue units there looking for the body of a man who had fallen off last night fishing and has yet to be found.  That was bleak and sad.  It was still a beautiful spot and the drive down and back was beautiful.  We thank God for the man's life, but we were saddened by his death.

We went to the green sand beach, but the locals convinced Tom that his jeep would likely get stuck and it would cost $800 to get it out.  It really wasn't worth the risk since we'd all been there on a previous trip.  Lee hasn't been, but we can go when my sister comes and we can pay the locals to take us out there.  We did see some green sand, but not the beautiful beach.  We saw plenty of beauty in the other beaches and in the poinsettias on the way down there and back.  God is such an awesome designer!  Now the spell checker is not working, so I hope this post isn't laden with errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment