Thursday, January 31, 2013

Not to worry; she can swim!

She doesn't claim to swim, in fact she claims that she can't swim, but she can swim.  It's just not pretty, particularly, but she doesn't sink and she can go from one place to another.  She must be comparing herself to Olympic swimmers or something.  We went snorkeling this morning and she did just fine.

We're headed out to the favorite hike, now, but I wanted to report that she can swim as well as she can fly!  She doesn't fly like a bird, but with all the equipment, she can fly through the air when we zip!  This is a pic I took yesterday.  I know better than to take a picture of her in a bathing suit, snorkeling, so just take my word for it; she swims and flies!  I thank God for precious time to spend with my baby sister!  She doesn't claim to be cute as a button, either, but she sure is; love the smile!!!

4 comments:

  1. To whomever is reading this....she CANNOT swim. She can propel herself just a few feet by weird ways but not by a long shot would it be called swimming. She CAN swim underwater but can't hold her breath long so it doesn't much matter if she can't touch then it doesn't count. Now if she goes snorkeling and can keep from gagging on the snorkel then she can pretend to swim underwater and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time snorkeling in my own fashion.

    The favorite hike of Jo's had me a little concerned at first. It was hiking down a road with ugly growth on each side, couldn't see anything. I thought...ok I'll be a trooper and continue her favorite hike such as it is. Then lo and behold we come out on beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I really like this Sissy person after reading her swimming comments above. You need to bring her to the next reunion MJ...she is very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, okay. I say if you can propel yourself through the water you can swim. It'a all about words and whatever you call it. I call it swimming, and she doesn't. In my book you can swim if you don't drown, and especially if you have no fear of the water. You can see she's a fighter; she sure defends herself! We're having a blast. Yes, Dana, you'd love her. I told her I sure wish she'd been at Itazuke with us; she would have learned to swim because we lived at the pool all summer. We're headed to the volcano today and all parts that direction; a big day!

    ReplyDelete