Saturday, September 21, 2013

61 Wonderful Years!

We had a wonderful day to day, packed with fun, fun times.  One of the best things, though, was visiting with dear friends, Mary and Earl Hall.  Mary was one of my mom's best friends in her whole lifetime and I was so glad to be able to connect with her and Earl and introduce Lee to them.   Their home is so beautiful; I'm sorry I couldn't get a better pic, but the lighting was difficult and I was balancing the camera on the back of a rocker.  They were celebrating their 61st anniversary today! They built their home 21 years ago and it was wonderful to get to tour it.  I should have taken a picture from the outside, too.  It is full of antiques and wonderful features and nobody deserves it more!  I saw Mary last year in June before Lee and I had met in person.  I was pretty discouraged with living alone at the time, so I wanted to share the Lee part of my life with her.  Plus, Mary is also a breast cancer survivor and we had lots of notes to compare.  Besides, we both loved my mom and it was a real joy to reconnect if for no other reason than that; I felt like Mom was in the room with us!

We went to the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg today, and that was very interesting, too.  My mom loved to go there, but I had never gone.  I never could figure out why she loved it so much, but after touring today, I get it.  It was pretty impressive.  I got some pix there with Tom and Linda and I'll post them and write more about that in the days coming.

What a fun day it was to relive so many memories of times with my mom!  I thank God for precious memories and precious friends to share and help me relive those memories.  I feel especially blessed today.  Tomorrow we head to Ruthie and Phil's house and the reliving of memories will just get better and better.  I'll get to tell them about all the things we've done and shared and it feels like my 'cup runneth over!'  PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment