Monday, September 9, 2013

On the Road, Again!

We made it to Santa Fe!  We had a great trip.  We saw LOTS of rain; in fact most of the day it rained, so we missed a lot of beautiful country.  We've seen it before, so we know what we missed, but we were just grateful for safety.  It did dry up around Albuquerque, so we got to see lots of great scenery as we pulled into Santa Fe.  We went to the Olive Garden for a great dinner tonight and that's where we got the picture above.

We are so grateful for safe travels.  We've put a lot of miles on the truck and Lee has done a great job driving.  if I were driving, we wouldn't get nearly as far in a day.  I'll be so glad when I get my cataracts repaired next month (!!!) so I can really see all that is around us.  I know I'm missing a lot. Today Lee said, "Is that a train over there?"  I looked and said, "It looks like a row of trees to me."  I got out the binoculars and, sure enough, it was a train!  I know I'm missing so much.  I thank God that there is a fix for my vision and that it is available to me!

It's good to be headed home.  I know that Joan and Bill and Hazel are taking good care of the place, but we always like home the best.  Being away always makes us appreciate it more.  Watching the tunnel people sure made me appreciate home!

No comments:

Post a Comment