Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Feeling better; ready to move to the condo tomorrow.


This picture is one Don took on the white rocks in Snow Canyon. Notice the red mountains off to one side and the darker ones off to the other side. It is breathtaking to make that hike! Look at the view behind me! I continue to be blown away by God's handiwork on this earth!


I am feeling much better today and thanking God for that! I never had any fever; I felt like my head was about the size of a basketball, but it feels fine, now. I'm starting to cough, but it's not bad.


This is our last day at the Plaza and I expect we will never come back to this hotel. I don't recommend it if you're coming to Vegas. We're looking so forward to checking out of here tomorrow and into the condo. We're already making our grocery list and looking forward to eating our own kind of food. It's been fun to eat out for a few days, but we've had enough for a while. It's good to get different experiences; it makes us appreciate our normal lifestyle even more than we normally do.


We went over to the condo yesterday to get a sneak preview. We're excited to get to move in tomorrow!


I'm so proud of myself. It's just a little after 5 and I've done all my exercises for today, I'm getting the blog done, and I'll do my journal right after this. Woohoo!


I thank God for helping me get through this head virus with no complications and rather quickly. I really feel so blessed. I was a little scared because this time last year any germ could have been so devastating, so I stayed in the house for the most part. It's so great to be able to be out among people and to have the opportunity and energy to hike and swim! I love the exercises with the cane where I stretch! I'm not jumping, but I feel like I'm jumping for joy. I'm not a jumper, but I'm full of joy and I thank God for it all.


By the way, many of you ask about Gretta. She is doing very well. I talked to her today and she is very pleased that their new home is finished and they will begin moving into it over the next couple of weeks. They have the rent paid in their apartment through the end of October, so they don't have to be in any rush. They'll take it slow and easy. Garrett loves his new school and he is doing great. I thank God for their ability to come back from tragedy. I hope she will send pictures soon and I'll share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment