Monday, September 1, 2008

Almost on the road; we plan to leave at 6 a.m.

Just a quick post, as I'm still doing the final packing. Here's a picture of me doing some work with the cane. I'll be going to Laughlin, Vegas and St. George, Utah to raise some cane, as Don calls it.

Bob Clark called today and asked what's the big deal about packing. Yeah, right. Guys just don't know. As Don says, we aren't like other people. Man, is that the understatement of the year! We take with us a health food store, a gym and clothes for a couple of weeks. I forgot about a wealth of books! Besides all that there are the t-shirts for the reunion and donations for the auction. It's a van full. We're almost ready. I just have to do the last of my exercises and then pack the gym and the clothes. Don has his clothes out and ready for me to pack. I have to get mine all ready. Everything is clean. All I have to do is remember to take what I need and then get it arranged in the right suitcases so that we don't have to take in everything everywhere we go.

Bob and Diana are coming to Vegas from Kazakhstan! They have a lot more preparations to make than we do. They've got to figure out how to get their tickets right. We just have to relax and drive to Nevada. We enjoy driving together and we have a book to keep us company. We've both read 'The Shack,' and we want to re-read it and discuss it as we go. I've got some mending to do as we roll down the road, too. Also I'll be doing lots of exercises to keep my arm from swelling. (The story of my life, anymore, it seems: EXERCISE!)

We measured my arm today and it has gone down in the last week. That's so good. I thank God that I can manage this lymphedema with exercise and the sleeve. I'm so grateful that I can take it off to sleep, too. I love climbing out of it!

Remember, I probably won't post tomorrow night. If I can connect when we get there I will, but don't be surprised if I don't make it on with a post until Wednesday. Thanks for keeping up with us and for caring. I'm feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment