Monday, September 29, 2008

Reunion is over, ballgames seen and we're packed.

We finished up the reunion this morning and got to go see Jessie play in two more games this afternoon! Then the girls went to a barbecue the team was having and Jeff and Jeanette went out to dinner with us. It was a great finale to our trip.

The reunion was historic in many ways. I won't go into details on the blog, but I'll be writing a summary to put into our Itazuke newsletter. I'll send it out to folks who I email a lot, too. It's always so cool when someone comes for a first time and we had several of those. I couldn't be more pleased with the reunion unless EVERYONE came. It was a perfect size. We could get around and see most everyone there. I absolutely loved every moment!

We are all packed and ready to leave at 4 in the morning. I've got to go back to the room and shower off the baseball and packing sweat. We hope to be home tomorrow night. If we get stalled on the interstate in backed up traffic or get too tired, we'll stop and spend the night on the way. So, if I don't post tomorrow night, don't worry. If we make it home or if we stop somewhere that has Internet access I'll post, WITH a picture if possible! I got GREAT reunion pictures! You're not going to believe how much my hair has grown since I put pictures on last! Everyone at the reunion was so sweet to make me feel better about my hair. I guess I just have to get used to having 'long' hair.

I thank God for such a wonderful time seeing family and friends and so much of His majestic handiwork. I thank Him for those who have power returning in Houston! We are so blessed to have power at all, let alone almost all the time. Doris and Jerry just got power after all this time. They've been camping out in their own home, thinking they'd have power every day. They survived, though. Thank you, God! I talked to Dorothy tonight and she and David are doing better and so is Joan from her fall. Thank you, God! We're anxious to get home and check on everyone at home. Thank you for checking up on us and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment