Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jessie plays a great game.


The picture tonight is Jessie playing second base at one of the games tonight. Notice the mountains in the background. It was nearing dark and I probably didn’t have my camera set right. Plus she was way far from me. She played a great game, we thought, and we loved watching them. They lost both games they played tonight, though. These were just pool games; the tournament games start tomorrow. We are really just so glad to be here and see them play. Jeff and Jeanette said they didn’t play well, but I was impressed, anyway. They had great spirit and spunk. They ran onto the field and off and they cheered each other all they way. I was impressed with all that; winning is worth a lot, but it isn’t everything.

We had a great trip here. It was a little over 2 hours to Vegas and then a couple more hours to St. George. We stopped in Vegas and Jeanette, Jeff’s wife rode with us as we followed Jeff and the girls. Another one of Jessie’s teammates rode with Jeff, as well as their dog, so Jeanette rode with us. That was a great time of visiting for us! Also the mountains were awesome as we came the whole way. I didn’t have the camera ready to take pictures, but I hope to get some on the way back on Sunday.

It so amazes me how different the various parts of our country are. God didn’t just throw this all together at random; it’s such a tremendous plan! The countryside is different; people are different. Wow! I feel tremendously blessed to get to see so much. I was blessed as a kid to get to grow up and see so much. Daddy was frustrated because we slept through lots of countryside as we went from place to place, but I caught a lot of it. I feel blessed to have been the daughter of a military man, too. We not only got to see lots around the country and the world, but we had patriotism built in. I am reminded of that especially when we go to our reunion from our second trip to Japan. I thank God for the life He has given me and all the people in it. Family and friends mean so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment