Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What to say?

Here's Rayne's 'after' pic! Warning! Do NOT double click this and make it really big! As Rayne would say, 'Blech!!!' - Tricia

Last night I left writing the blog to go walk on the treadmill. In the middle of my walk, our neighbor called to ask if we'd come home early! He said there were lights on in our house and someone was in there; if it wasn't us he was calling the cops. NO LIE! Long story short: he got away but didn't do much damage that Bill (our neighbor) could tell. Needless to say we were up pretty late until the police left and we'd talked to them about what had happened.

The best they could tell the 'guy' must have been looking for drugs or money. Ha! We don't have money or drugs. If he found my stash of vitamins and herbs he must have had a quick rush thinking he'd found the mother load only to be disappointed to find out they were vitamins and herbs. I hope he didn't rip them off! I'm not going into details because it could have been someone who reads the blog and I don't want to give away any traps I have set for 'him.' I pray that God will answer this 'guy's' need so that 'he' doesn't feel the need to violate others' space. Evidently, he had hit our neighbor's house before he broke into ours. Also someone had tried to break into another neighbor's house the night before; someone is really hurting to be hitting the area so hard. I thank God for such wonderful neighbors, too.

Today went well for us. We managed to get our 'gambling' done and come away with money, since they gave us a total of $40 dollars! We came away with almost all of that. I stuck to my $2 limit. I'm willing to spend $2 to have fun. After that it's not fun. HA! I'm such a tightwad; I learned from the best: my mom could stretch a penny forever! I got in my exercises, sun and swim. I'm so spoiled to that pool! I thank God for the opportunity to get to swim and exercise every day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jo, I am so sorry about your break-in. What a wonderful neighbor! He needs to be a police detective on the side! So glad to hear there wasn't much messed up.
    Continue enjoying your time in Vegas, and seeing your old friends! Love ya'll, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, Bill is the BEST neighbor and his family is precious, too. Bill was a marine, so nobody pushes him around and he knows what to do with a gun. He's also, like Tom, a great carpenter and all around fix whatever is broken kind of guy. He's a great cook and even takes first place at our county fair for his homemade bread. We are so blessed to have him and his family just across the iris patch from us!

    Our other neighbors are great, too. We thank God for our neighborhood and that Bill got there in time to stop our intruder from doing any more damage than he did.

    Folks will start to come in for the reunion tomorrow, so we're really looking forward to that. Woo Hoo!

    Love you both,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete