Friday, September 12, 2008

Tricky, and still no pictures.. -updated with a pic

Here's a really pretty beetle Gabe found on his way home from school the other day. We looked him up and he's a rainbow scarab. Neat, huh? See his monster horn? You can't tell so much from the pic, but he's all a bright jewel green except for that red glittery piece. He has black legs and yellow antannae! Really a spectacular looking little creature. He's about the size of a dime.
- Tricia

I'm so sorry that we still can't connect with our computer, so there is still no picture. Just imagine me with a big smile and a big bushy head of hair. That's how it feels. Oh, Gretta, I need your help! What's tricky? Using this other computer, figuring out what to do with my hair (wet it and go seems to work the best), and figuring out how to behave at a shareholders meeting.

We've had a great day. Jeff came over early this morning and he and Don went to a buffet breakfast at the Monte Carlo. I begged off and stayed here to eat my chia toast and missed you, Ruthie! When they came back they spent all day talking investments. I spent all day cooking and grinding chia seeds. I made up hamburgers with chia seeds and put them in the freezer; all I'll have to do when Don wants one is pop it out and cook it. I cooked a pot of chili all day and put it in the freezer in containers to thaw when we want a bowl of chili. That makes meals easier down the road. While they were deep into the finances and it was way over my head I did my walking and exercises.

Man, it is so gorgeous here. It's in the 90's, but it just feels hot. It's not like a sauna, so it really is easier to take. I really enjoyed walking around the huge parking lot here. Soon, I'll be infamous for my walking and exercising, no doubt. I do thank God for the ability to walk and the opportunity to do so in various places all over the country. I so love the mountains, and I like the heat. Cancer doesn't like heat, so it makes me feel like I'm being strong against any cancer that might be roaming in my body. I like it that mosquitoes aren't buzzing around me everywhere, too. This is great!

I felt so good yesterday that I totally forgot to report that I seem to be mostly over my head virus. I'm coughing some, but it's not tight. I feel really good. My friend who is running this reunion, and is a retired nurse, emailed me and told me to take care so that I'd feel good later. That's when I remembered I'd been sick! I'm amazed at how quickly I recovered, although Jeanette seemed to get past it quickly, too. Whew! Thank you, God!

We are headed out to a meeting of the Shareholders of the Botanic Gardens tonight, which is one of the reasons we made this trip. Then tomorrow we meet all day. I hope I can stay awake for it and behave like I should instead of like a cane raiser from the middle of nowhere. God will help me; no doubt it will be pleasant. Have a wonderful weekend and thank God as we go!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo and Don!! So glad you are all set up in your condo and having fun! Have you heard from Don's sister and her children and your friends in Houston since Hurricane Ike is passing through there now? Have a great day, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love you! You can always get right on the page with me! I've been so concerned about all the folks in Houston, but we've heard from most of them and they're okay. I trust the others are, too!

    We thought of you so much today as we were at a meeting with a bunch of shareholders from the World Botanical Gardens on the Big Island. You went there with us; remember Umauma Falls? Anyway, we think of you LOTS, with love!

    Hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete