Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kooky day.


A couple of way cool guys with their precious baby sisters. From the reunion this summer. - Tricia

I am so confused today. I was answering an email this morning and suddenly Yahoo put me into some guy's (James Beck) email rather than ours! When I signed out of his account and back into mine, my inbox, trash and spam were all GONE! The trash and spam I was happy to see go, but my INBOX? Well, I've had my worst fears happen before and I lived over it. Now it's happened again! We had gobs of mail in the inbox that we were going to handle when we get home and could download it to our computer. Well, the inbox is really clean, now. I hope if anyone sent us anything and we don't respond they will send it again and not give up on us! I'm still shaking my head about it. I have no idea what happened.

Then when I tried to log in to the blog tonight it wouldn't let me; said something about cookies. I went back a page and there was the page I needed, all logged in! I'm shaking my head, again. When I shake my head the curls don't fall out, so probably it won't clear out the cobwebs in my head, either. It's the only response I know for this confusion.

I am thankful that I've been using the Internet for 12 years, now, and this is the first major loss of data. I'm also thankful that I have this access even if it's not like I'd like; it does allow me to keep in touch.

Mostly I'm thankful that when it comes right down to it things are going well. I'm healthy. Don is healthy. All our family is healthy. Ike came and went and caused lots of strife along the way, but people are getting through.

Our dear friend, Joan, who brings me flowers from her garden all the time and who keeps my garden for me when I get behind took a bad fall. She was even mowing for us while we're gone! She called today to ask me what to do since she can't mow. She got her foot tangled up in her purse strap, yesterday, and it threw her out of her car as she was aiming to get out at another friend's house. She is all banged up from shoulder to knee, but has no broken bones. We sure thank God for that. Her knee swelled up to double it's size and she is icing it to keep the swelling down. She is 72, I think, so she could easily have broken a hip or arm or leg! Falls can be treacherous; I'm so grateful that she wasn't hurt worse. God blesses! Thanks for reading about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment