Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tricia! - with pic

Here's me a looooooooonnnngggg time ago! - Tricia

Our Tricia's birthday is TODAY! God love her! She's the one who backs me up on the blog. I thank God for her in our lives and all she brings. (She brings 6 of our 15 grandkids and a wonderful husband, who is in Vegas this week on a business trip; maybe we'll see him.)

All the folks we can find from Houston are doing okay and we haven't heard of too much dammage. Gretta is fine and has no damage; Gina is fine, but has some dammage to their farm, but nothing that can't be replaced. They have no power, but they have a generator and they have lots of people staying at their house, so it's a party of sorts. These will be good memories. Brian is home, so that's good. Ruthie had no power for several hours yesterday, but all is good today. Ike was really a terror across the country!

Meantime we are doing fine, here in Vegas. We got up this morning at 5 to walk at dark. It was pretty cool. Don liked to walk to the strip, but that's not my favorite thing to do. I'd rather walk around the parking lot and enjoy the sun coming up and the mountains. I can see the strip off to one side and appreciate the lights, but that's plenty close for me. I wouldn't go without him. In fact once I dropped his hand to go around a pole or something and said, "Wait, don't leave me by myself." He said, "You're not by yourself, I'm right here!" I feel like I'm in a jungle when we go to the strip. It's a big hairy place to me. Country girl comes to town!

Anyway, we're enjoying the condo with our own meals and whatever walking and exercise we get. They have an awesome fitness center here, but I love the parking lot. Country girl, again! HA!

I thank God that everyone we can find is in good shape and that we are healthy. I love walking, wherever we can do it and consider it a blessing to be able to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment