Saturday, September 20, 2008

Romans 12:2 - updated with a pic

Grace modeling - Tricia

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . . . " This week we walked all over the strip and it was all interesting and amazing. We can't get over all they build and how many people are here. MANY are foreigners. We can't believe how much people spend, either! As Gretta says, we don't get out much. Anyway, it's been fun to go and see, but my favorite thing is walking around the parking lot here, early in the morning! Don slept in this morning, so I pryed myself out of bed and went to walk around the parking lot. I hate getting up, but I love the walking! It's so beautiful out there and the weather is perfect! I watch the sun come up over the mountains and it is breathtaking every time. I recall this scripture and it seems to fit so well. Off to the west is all the lights and glitter that man has made, but over the mountains comes the sunrise, all that God made! it renews my mind and my spirit and I thank God for it and for the opportunity.

Don has been watching football all day, so I've had a quiet day to myself. I got the laundry done, read some on a book I'm reading, took a nap, got some sun and swam some laps. Love those laps! It feels good to be caught up on my chores. I watched all I could take of Tennessee getting beat. My heart aches for their coach; Phil Fulmer. He is a really nice guy; he was in my homeroom in my senior class (Hodge; Fulmer). I'm sure he's grown up and knows how to take losses, but I'm not so grown up and it hurts me for his team to lose. Don loves watching it all, so it's been a good day for him.

We enjoyed our walk last night. We got to see the water show at the Bellagio a couple of times. We had no luck at our penny poker. I quit when I had 50 cents left; it wasn't even making me THINK I could win. It felt like I was just making deposits. I like it when it makes me think I'm winning and lets me win so that my $2 lasts a while. I felt like I was just being robbed last night. Walking and watching the dancing waters at the Bellagio was lots better. We didn't even get lost.

I think tomorrow we're going to walk around and find lions and I forget what else Don said. Linda and Tom Rose call him Don Tours because he plans the excursions. I thank God for the opportunity to have this fun and have our minds renewed! I also thank Him that I continue to feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment