Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike on my mind. - updated with pic

Here are a couple of Civil Air Patrol Cadets with their best serious faces on and some other little people I found hanging around at the airport. - Tricia

Thanks, Trish for backing me up with a picture of Mr. Cool, Mason! I won't be able to put pictures on as long as we're here, so you stick pictures on whenever you have something to brighten the blog!

I came down to the Internet station to send an email or two and it was full of people looking up damage at home from Ike. I was horrified to learn that they are from Georgetown, Indiana, not far from where Gina lives and Louisville, where Gretta did live. They said it's heading for Lexington, where Gretta is. Oh, man! Now I don't even remember what I was going to put on the blog today, but I know it wasn't anything I can't put on later. We had a good day and we're fine. That's the important thing. I've got to get back to the room and call and check on Gina and Gretta and their families and Ruthie and everyone we love in Springville! Gretta JUST called me and she is fine. She is IN Louisville and they have no power anywhere, but she's fine. She went there to work for a week and now she won't work until Wednesday, but all you can do is all you can do. Joe's mother is at her house keeping Elena and Garrett and they are okay there, so far. She said she didn't think it went through Tennessee, but I still need to check on Ruthie and clan.

I'm headed to the room and thanking God for Gretta's safety and for the safety of our family and friends in Houston. They are all having lots of power problems, but they are tough and can survive. I pray that the others we can't locate are fine, too and managing with no power. I'm thanking God for this computer, the Internet, the cell phone and POWER and health and LOTS MORE! God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. i too thank God for power,computer..love..people like you maryjo.

    thankyou for being you

    love always

    amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amanda! It's good to hear from you. I know you share my thanks and I thank God for you and that there are more somewhat like you. I'll bet Mike and the boys will agree with me that you are really one of a kind and we are so blessed to be in your life.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete